Sunday, October 14, 2012

< TJ > Grammar - Penggunaan 'Subjunctive' dan 'Causative'

< T >
Bagaimana penggunaan 'Subjunctive' dan 'Causative'?

< J >

subjunctive structure:
---------------------------

1. verb: S-V-[THAT]-S-<Verb Word>
2. expression: It is-Adj-[THAT]-S-<Verb Word>

Past & Present Tense use the same structure

example:
    Present: The President requests that she stop the occupation.
    Past: The President requested that she stop the occupation.

    Present: It is essential that she be present.
    Past: It was essential that she be present.


causative structure:
-----------------------

1. for human object
1.a S-V-O-to V
example:
   I allowed Jim to clean up the mess.
   I asked Jim to clean up the mess.
   I told Jim to clean up the mess.

1.b S-V-O-V(O)
example:
   I let Jim clean up the mess.
   I had Jim clean up the mess.
   I made Jim clean up the mess.

2. for non-human object
S-HAVE/GET-O-V3
example:
   I get my motorcycle fixed
   I have my hair cut

No comments: