Sunday, October 14, 2012

< Conv > Teknik Berkomunikasi (1)


1. Finding out about appropriateness
Less Formal
Would it be too formal to say...?
What should I say if I want to...?
What should I say...?
Should I use ... if...?
Is ... a neutral sort of word?
If I want ..., what should I say?
If I say ... is it more polite than...?
If ..., should I say ... or...?
How do you say that in English?

Formal
When is it appropriate to say,...?
Is it appropriate to say ... if...?


2. Finding out about meaning
Less Formal
When would you use the word...?
When would you use the expression...?
What's the difference between ... and...?
What other words are there for...?
What is the opposite of...?
What is another word for...?
What is another way of saying...?
What is a/the word to describe someone who …?
What does ... mean?
What do you call someone who...?
What do you call ... that...?
Is there a difference in meaning between …?
What is the word for...?
I don't understand this sentence. Can you help
me?
Does.....mean ... or...?
Does it make sense if I say...?
Does ... sometimes mean...?
Does ... have more than one meaning?
Do ... and ... mean the same thing?
Can you use ... to mean...?
What does this mean?

No comments: