Sunday, October 14, 2012

< Conv > Teknik Berkomunikasi (4)


7. Giving  time to think
Informal
It's on the tip of my tongue...
What's it called …?
Now what was the word...?
Just let me think about this a moment!
Just let me get this right!
I've nearly got it!
Sort of...

Less Formal
You see …
You know …
What is he called...?
Let me see …
Just a moment …
How shall I put it …?
How can I put this...?

Formal
May I think about that for a moment?


8. Taking up a point
Informal
Sorry to butt in, but did I hear you say...?

Less Formal
You mentioned ... just now.
What a coincidence! ...
To go back to what you were saying about …
Talking of …

Surprising you should say so, because …
Strange you should say that …
Sorry to interrupt, but …
It's interesting you should say so, because …
That reminds me of...

Formal
To take up your point ...
If I may refer back to …
If I may just go back for a moment to …

No comments: