Sunday, January 13, 2013

< RM > story - Busy

Busy

Once upon a time a very
strong woodcutter asked for a
job in a timber merchant, and
he got it. The paid was really
good and so were the work
conditions. For that reason, the
woodcutter was determined to
do his best.
His boss gave him an axe
and showed him the area
where he was supposed to
work.
The first day, the woodcutter
brought 18 trees
"Congratulations," the boss
said. "Go on that way!"
Very motivated for the
boss's words, the woodcutter
tried harder the next day, but he only could
bring 15 trees. The third day he tried even
harder, but he only could bring 10 trees. Day
after day he was bringing less and less trees.
"I must be losing my strength", the wood-
cutter thought. He went to the boss and
apologized, saying that he could not under-
stand what was going on.
"When was the last time you sharpened
your axe?" the boss asked.
"Sharpen? I had no time to sharpen my
axe. I have been very busy trying to cut
trees..."

No comments: