Sunday, October 14, 2012

< Conv > Teknik Berkomunikasi (6)


11. Saying something in another way
Informal
What I'm getting at is ...
What I'm driving at is ...
All I'm trying to say is, ...
All I mean is ...

Less Formal
What I meant was ...
What I mean is, ...
That's to say, ...
In other words, ...
Basically, ...
What I'm trying to say is, ...
..., or rather, ...
..., or better, ...

Formal
Perhaps it would be more accurate to say ...
Perhaps I should make that clearer by saying …
Let me put it another way: ...
If I can rephrase that what I've just said: ...


12. Saying something again
Less Formal
What I said was,…
I was just wondering ...
I was just saying…
I was just asking…
I said, ...

Formal
I was putting forward the opinion ...
I was merely stating the fact ...
I was just expressing the view ...


13. Checking if you are understood
Informal
Right?
Know what I mean?
Got it?
Get it?
Are you with me?

Less Formal
That's clear, isn't it?
Is that reasonably clear?
I don't know if I am making myself clear.
Have I made myself clear?
Does that seem to make sense?
Do you understand...?
Do you see?
Do you see what I mean?
Do you know what I'm getting at?
Do you know what I'm driving at?
Do you know what I mean?
Do I make myself clear?
... if you see what I mean.
... if you follow.
... if you follow my meaning.
I hope that's clear?

Formal
If there's anything you haven't understood, please,
say so.
... if you take my point.

No comments: