Tuesday, December 18, 2012

< LTW > Why I write in English?



Why I write in English?
By: Nilam W., Thailand

just want to share what I have.
Said what I think and feel.
Practice English as English is not my native language.
When I write like as right now,
I just follow my heart what I want to say,
The words just come out.
I am just transferring what my soul said.
I just follow my finger.
What is in my mind?
And the most important one, right now,
I am struggling with my thesis writing. Aha.
I just need media to share,
Word press is the good one.
Oh Dear….
I do not know how to improve my English within two months or soon.
Anyway my biggest dream is be a writer, special book for kids.
Good night friends!



---------- correction ----------

1. when you use parallel structure, use the same structure.


just want to share what I have.
Said what I think and feel.
I just want to share what I have, and say what I think and feel.

Don't make a sentence without a subject and a verb. <-- this is fundamental in English formal writing.
That's why I merged the phrase 'said what I think and feel' to the preceding sentence.

When I write like as right now,
I just follow my heart what I want to say,
replace 'like as' with 'like', use present continuous will be appropriate since you were actually writing when you wrote that sentence ^_^

you need to have a lot of drill in tenses so that you can get the picture of 'timing' in English and use proper verbs.
I'd say:
"When I am writing like right now, I just follow what my heart tells me to say."

I just follow my finger.
I'd say:
I just follow my fingers. 
We write use more than one finger, don't we?
In English, we have to be careful in using noun. Even until now, I sometimes find it difficult to determine whether a noun is countable or uncountable. So, knowledge about noun is quite important in English.


I do not know how to improve my English within two months or soon.
I do not know how to improve my English within two months or less.

Anyway my biggest dream is be a writer, special book for kids.
use proper punctuation: any connector, adverbial phrase, or adverbial clause that comes up before a subject should be separated by a comma.

I'd say:
Anyway, my biggest dream is to be a writer, especially books for children/kids. (or)
Anyway, my biggest dream is to write books especially for children/kids.

special book = book that is special
especially books for kids = to give an example

No comments: