Saturday, January 5, 2013

< Conv > Bertukar Informasi (11)

21. Asking if someone is sure about something
Less Formal
You're absolutely sure about ...?
Really?
Is there any doubt about ...?
Do you mean to say ...?
Definitely?
Are you sure about ...?
Are you sure ...?
Are you quite sure about ...?
Are you certain about ...?

Formal
Perhaps I misunderstood, but are you quite sure ..
Forgive me, but are you really certain about ...?


22. Saying you are sure
Informal
I'm a hundred per cent certain ...

Less Formal
You can be sure ...
Yes, really ...
There can't be any doubt about ...
It's quite possible (probable) ...
It's quite certain ...
It's likely ...
I'm sure ...
I'm quite sure ...
I'm quite convinced ...
I'm fairly sure ...
I'm absolutely sure ...
I'm absolutely certain ...
I think it is possible or probable ...
I have no doubt ...
I expect ...
He must be ...

Formal
There's very little doubt in my mind ...
There's no little doubt in my mind as to ...
It's my conviction ...
I don't think there can be any doubt about ...

No comments: