Saturday, January 5, 2013

< Conv > Bertukar Informasi (12)

23. Saying you are not sure
Informal
You see, if ...
You never know ...
You know, it's not so easy to trust...
I'm not a hundred per cent certain...
I wonder if it's him ...?
How can I believe ...?

Less Formal
It depends ... you know.
I'm not sure, really ...
I'm not sure ...
I may be mistaken ...
I don't think he could ...
I don't think ...
He may ...
And still it's unlikely that ...

Formal
I have some doubt about...
I can't say definitely ...
I am not convinced ...


24. Expressing curiosity
Informal
I'd give a lot to know ...

Less Formal
If only I knew ...
I'd love to know ...
I'd like to know ...
I'd be very interested to know ...
I wonder ...?
I wish someone would tell me about ...
I wish I knew more about ...
I wish I knew ...
Can someone tell me about ...?
Can someone tell me ...?

No comments: