Saturday, January 5, 2013

< Conv > Bertukar Informasi (2)

3. Saying you know
Informal
So Mary was saying (the same).

Less Formal
You have told me about ...
Yes, I know ... thanks.
Yes, I have heard about ...
Yes, I do appreciate ...
They say ...
That's what I heard.
So I've been told.
My information is ...
I've been told about ...
It appears (looks)...
In fact, I did know about ...
I hear ...
I do know about ...
I am quite/fully aware of ...
He has it on good authority that they will come
tomorrow. (nearly certain)
Did you know about ...?


4. Saying you do not know
Informal
I wish I knew ...
I haven't got the faintest idea about ...
I haven't got a clue ...
I don't know the first thing about ...
 
Less Formal
I'm sorry, I really don't know ...
I'm afraid, I've no idea ...
I'm afraid, I don't know much about...
I'm afraid, I don't know anything about ...
I can't guess what ...
 
Formal
I'm sorry to say that ... is not something I know
very much about.
I'm afraid, I haven't got that information.
I'm afraid, I have to say I know very little about...
I'm afraid it escapes my mind ...
I have to admit I don't know a great deal about …
I am not able to help you with your request ...

No comments: