Saturday, January 5, 2013

< Conv > Bertukar Informasi (1)

1. Asking for information
Informal
Have you got any idea ...?

Less Formal
I'd like to know ...
Could anyone tell me ...?
Can you tell me ... (please)?
Can you help me?
Do you happen to know ...?

Formal
Will you kindly tell me... (please)?
Sorry to trouble you, but is ...?
I wonder if you could tell me ...
I wonder if someone could tell me ...
I hope you don't mind my asking, but ...?
Excuse me, do you know ...?
Could you tell me ..., (please)?


2. Asking if someone knows about something
Less Formal
You know about ... don't you?
Have you heard about ...?
Have you got any idea about ...?
Has Mary told you ...?
Do you realize ...?
Did you know about ...?
Did you know ...?
Did Mary tell you ...?



Formal
I wonder if you could let me know ...?
Excuse me, do you know anything about ...?
Sorry to bother you, but do you know ...?
Could you give me any information about (on)  .....
please?
Are you aware of ...?

No comments: