Saturday, January 5, 2013

< Conv > Interaksi Sosial (16)

61. Saying you are unwilling to do something
Informal
I'm not keen on ...
I don't really fancy ...
I don't think I can/could ..., actually.

Less Formal
To be frank, I don't think ...
Well, I think I'd rather not...
On the whole, I don't think ...
It's not that I don't want to, but ...
It'd be a little difficult ...
I'm not sure I can/could ..., actually.
I'm not convinced we should ...
I'm afraid I can't possibly ...
I'd rather not, actually.
I'd like to, but ...
I wish I could, but ...
I don't really want to ...
I didn't really want to ...

Formal
Well, I'm rather reluctant to...


62. Showing optimism
Informal
You wait and see. It's all going to be 0. K.
Things will work out fine.
It'll all turn out 0. K.
Everything'll be fine.
...'ll be great.
... will be wonderful.
... will be nice.
... will be good, I am sure.
... can't go wrong.

Less Formal
I think you're going to have a good holiday ...
I feel quite sure about ...
I feel quite sure.
I don't see how ... can fail.
I am confident ...

Formal
I have every confidence ...
I am very optimistic about ...
I am very optimistic ...


63. Saying you are looking forward to something
Informal
Looking forward to ...
It'll be nice ...

Less Formal
It'll be wonderful to ...
It'll be pleasant ...
It'll be interesting ...
It'll be good ...
I'm looking forward to ...
I'll be happy to ...
I'll be glad to ...
I must say I look forward to ...

Formal
I'll have the pleasure of ...
I look forward to hearing from you ...


64. Showing pessimism
Informal
No way ...
I'm not too happy about ...
I don't hold out much hope for ...
Fat chance of ... (no chance of)
Can't be done!

Less Formal
I'm wondering ...
I'm rather doubtful ...
I'm not so sure ...
I'm not at all sure...
I'm not at all sure about ...
I suspect ...
I rather doubt ...
I don't want to sound too pessimistic, but I'm afraid .....
I don't think ...
I don't really believe ...
He is bound not to be on time.

Formal
I'm rather skeptical about ...
I'm rather doubtful about ...
I'm fairly pessimistic about ...

No comments: