Saturday, January 5, 2013

< Conv > Interaksi Sosial (15)

57. Expressing liking
Informal
You can't beat ...
It is wonderful!
It is really terrific!
It is really great!
It is a lovely way to pass the time.
I'm very keen on ......
I'm very fond of ...
I'm head over heels about ...
I'm absolutely crazy/mad about ...
I really go for ...
I love ...
I do love ...
I adore ...

Less Formal
There's nothing I enjoy more than ...
I've always loved ...
I've always liked ...
I like ...
I enjoy ...

Formal
What I particularly enjoy is ...
It is one of my favorite pastimes.
I have a particular fondness for ...


58. Expressing disliking
Informal
There's nothing I like less.
I think ... is pretty awful.
I really hate ...
I never could put up with ...
I find it difficult to get on with ...
I can't stand ...
I can't bear ...

Less Formal
There's nothing I like less than ...            
I've never liked ...
I'm not really very keen on ...
I'm not over-enthusiastic about ...
I'm afraid I don't like ...
I must say I'm not particularly fond of ...
I can't work up any enthusiasm for ...
... is not one of my favorite ...

Formal
I especially dislike ...
I don't think ... is particularly enjoyable.
I can't say it appeals to me very much.


59. Saying you are willing to do something
Informal
Why not?
Sure!
Right you are!
No problem. I'll ... if you like.
0. K.!

Less Formal
Yes, of course.
Yes, I don't see why not.
Yes, I don't mind ... at all.
Yes, I don't mind ...
No, of course not.
I'm quite prepared to ...                        
Certainly!

Formal
Naturally.
I'm willing ...
I'd be only too happy to ...
I should be most pleased ...
I should be most happy.
I should be delighted.
I see no objection to ...
By all means.


60. Saying you are willing to do something under certain conditions
Informal
Right you are, but ...
No problem, as long as ...


Less Formal
Yes, though ...
Yes, but that depends on ...
Of course, but ...
I'm willing to, as long as ...
I'm quite prepared to, but ...
I'd be happy to, but ...
I suppose so, as long as ...
I see no objection provided that ...
I don't see why not, provided ...
I don't mind, as long as ...
Certainly, if ...
Certainly, but ...
Certainly, as long as ...

No comments: