Saturday, January 5, 2013

< Conv > Interaksi Sosial (18)

69. Showing irritation and anger
Informal
Why on earth didn't he ...?
What a nuisance!
That's the last straw!
Oh, no!
Oh, dear!
Oh no, what next?
I've had just about enough of ...
It really makes my blood boil.
It really makes me see red.
It really makes me mad.
It really isn't good enough.
I'm fed up with ...
I really hate ...
I can't stand ...
How irritating!
How infuriating!

Less Formal
It really makes me angry.
I'm very annoyed ...
I will not put up with ...

Formal
It is most annoying.
It is extremely irritating.
I'm extremely displeased.
I must say I object to ...
I find it extremely offensive...
I can't say I'm at all pleased by...
I can't say I'm all pleased about ...
I can't say I'm all pleased ...


70. Showing sympathy
Informal
That is a shame.
Oh, ... that's awful.
I know how it feels.
Hard luck.
... is a crying shame.

Less Formal
You must be very upset.
That's dreadful.
That is a pity.
I'm very sorry to hear ...
I'm extremely sorry to hear ...
I'm ever so sorry.
I am sorry to hear that.
How upsetting!
How terrible!

Formal
You have my deepest sympathy.
What a terrible situation for you!
Please, accept my heartfelt condolences.
I was most distressed to learn about ...
I was deeply sorry to hear.
I do sympathize, I assure you.


71. Persuading
Informal
You're not going to let me down, are you?
Just this once!
Don't be like that!

Less Formal
Won't you ..., please?
Why don't you ...?
Please, let me ...
I really think you'd do well to ...
Are you really sure you can't ...?

Formal
Won't you reconsider ...?
How can I persuade you to ...?
Couldn't I persuade you ...?
Could you be persuaded ...?
Can't I persuade you ...?
But it's in our own interests to ...
The best course of action would be to ...


72. Complaining
Informal
You've got to do something about ...
You can't possibly ...
Really I've just had about enough of ...
Really I'm fed up with ...
Look here! You can't go around ...
Honestly, you're always ...
... just won't do.

Less Formal
Something must be done ...
I'm afraid ... it’s just not good enough.
I want to complain about ...
Can you do anything about ...?

Formal
Would you mind not ...?
Well, this is most unsatisfactory ...
I'm sorry to say this, but ...
I'm not at all satisfied ...
I'm afraid I've got a complaint about ...
I wish to complain in the strongest terms about…
I really do object to ...
I have a complaint to make ...

No comments: