Saturday, January 5, 2013

< Conv > Interaksi Sosial (19)

73. Encouraging
Informal
You're doing very well.
You're doing fine.
You have our backing on ...
We feel you should go ahead...
That's lovely!
That's good!
That's fine!
That's all right!
Terrific!
Lovely!
Keep it up!
I'm right behind you!
Great!
First class!
Don't give up.
You have our whole-hearted support.

Less Formal
You can do it.
Well done! Now ...
That's most encouraging!
That's better than I could do.
I wish I could do as well.
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do better this time.

Formal
There's no reason to feel discouraged.


74. Requesting
Informal
You couldn't ..., could you?
Don't ..., will you?
Do me a favor and ...
Any chance of ...?

Less Formal
Can you ...?

Formal
Would you mind ..., please?
Would you be so kind as to ...?
Would you ..., please?
Would there be any possibility of ...?
Would it be possible for you to ...?
We should be most grateful if ...
I'm sorry to trouble you, but ...
If you could ..., I'd be very grateful.
I'd be very grateful if you'd ...
I hope you don't mind my asking, but ...
Do you think it would be possible ...?
Could you possibly ...?
Could you ..., please?
Could I ask you to ...?
Do you think you could ..., please?


75. Suggesting
Informal
What about ..., then?
Let's ...
Let’s ... then, shall we?
I tell you what: we'll ...
I know, let's ...
How about ..., then?
Do you think it would be an idea to ...?
 
Less Formal
You could ...
Why not ..., then?
Why don't we ..., then?
We might ...
We could always ..., then.
Shall we ...?
We might as well ...

Formal
You may like to ...
Would you care to ..., then?
May I suggest ..., then?
If I may make a suggestion:...
I'd like to suggest ...
I suggest ...
I should like to put forward a proposal: ...
I propose ...


76. Threatening
Informal
Just you try!
Just don't ..., that's all.
Don't you dare!
Do that again and ...

Less Formal
Unless ..., I'll ...
If .... I'll ...
Don't ... or ...

Formal
You'd be very unwise to ...
If you don't ...,I shall be forced to ...
If you cannot ..., I shall be obliged to ...
If I were you, I'd ... or ...
If I were you, I wouldn't, or ...
I don't really want to say this, but if ..., we shall …

No comments: