Sunday, January 13, 2013

< RM > story - Two Brothers

Two Brothers

Two brothers worked together on the
family farm. One was married and had a
large family. The other was single. At the
day's end, the brothers shared everything
equally, produce and profit.
Then one day the single brother said to
himself, "It's not right that we should share
equally the produce and the profit. I'm alone
and my needs are simple." So each night he
took a sack of grain from his bin and crept
across the field between their houses,
dumping it into his brother's bin.
Meanwhile, the married brother said to
himself, "It's not right that we should share
the produce and the profit equally. After all,
I'm married and I have my wife and children
who can look after me in years to
come. My brother has no one, and
no one to take care of his future." So
each night he took a sack of grain
and dumped it into his single brother's bin.
Both men were puzzled for
years because their supply of
grain never dwindled. Then one
dark night the two brothers
bumped into each other. Slowly it
dawned on them what was hap-
pening. They dropped their
sacks and embraced one another.

No comments: