Sunday, September 23, 2012

< TJ > Grammar - Connector 'when' in Adjective Clause


By ‘Belajar Bahasa Inggris Online Yuk’
On their Fb Page
18 Sept 2012

< T >
choose the best answer!

The town ... I was born has many tourist object.
a. of which
b. that
c. whose
d. where

< J >
I choose 'where' (D)

The town where I was born has many tourist objects.

other options using 'which' & 'that' should be:
The town IN WHICH I was born has many tourist objects.
The town WHICH I was born IN has many tourist objects.
The town THAT I was born IN has many tourist objects.

-----
'of which' itu pemakaiannya memiliki arti 'whose'

I was born in Jakarta.
The people of Jakarta are stressed out because of the traffic jam.

I was born in Jakarta, the people OF WHICH are stressed out because of the traffic jam.
I was born in Jakarta WHOSE people are stressed out because of the traffic jam.

No comments: