Wednesday, October 3, 2012

< Conv > Rumus Percakapan (6)

11. Congratulating
Informal
It was great to hear...
Fantastic!

Less Formal
Well done!
Congratulations!
Congratulations on...

Formal
Please accept my warmest congratulations.
Please accept my heartiest congratulations on…
May I congratulate you on...?
Let me congratulate you.
I'd like to congratulate you.
I'd like to be the first to congratulate you.
I must congratulate you on...
Allow me to offer my warmest congratulations.
Allow me to offer my congratulations on...

12. Complimenting
Informal
You're looking good!
You look terrific.
What a super...!
You are fantastic.
I love...! You look great.
I like...!

Less Formal
You're looking rather smart.
You look smart.
What a nice smart...
Those are very smart... you're wearing.
... suits you very well.

Formal
You're looking extremely glamorous.
My compliments on...
May I say how elegant you look?
If I may say so, ... is quite delicious.
If I may say so, ... is quite charming.
If I may say so, ... are excellent.
I really must express my admiration for...
I must say ... is really very good.
I must congratulate you on....

No comments: