Wednesday, October 3, 2012

< Conv > Rumus Percakapan (7)

13. Responding to compliments or congratulations
Informal
Oh! ... is nothing special really.
Flattery'll get you nowhere!

Less Formal
You seem very well yourself, as a matter of fact.
Thank you.
Oh, thanks.
Oh, not really.
It's nice of you to say so.
I'm glad you think so.
I'm glad you like....

Formal
Thank you very much for saying so.
It's very good of you to say so.

14. Saying sorry
Informal
Sorry for...
Sorry about...
I feel bad about...

Less Formal
My fault.
I'm very sorry.
I'm very sorry about...
I'm sorry...!
I'm really awfully sorry for...
I beg your pardon.
I am terribly sorry...
How stupid of me...

Formal
Please, forgive me.
Please, accept my apologies.
Pardon me.
Pardon me for...
May I offer you my sincerest apologies?
I'm sorry, that was entirely my fault.
I'm extremely sorry for...
I'm extremely sorry...
I must apologize.
I do apologize for...
I can't tell you how sorry I am for...

No comments: