Saturday, January 5, 2013

< Conv > Interaksi Sosial (10)

37. Saying you have no opinion
Informal
Your guess is as good as mine ...
It makes no odds to me ...

Less Formal
It is not something I've considered a great deal
It doesn't really matter to me.
I really don't know what to think about ...
I really don't know what to say.
I really couldn't say, ...
I don't know.

Formal
I don't have any opinion about ...
I can't say I have any views on the question...


38. Avoiding giving an opinion
Informal
Well, now you're asking ...
Can't say, really.

Less Formal
Well, I don't know really ...
That's not my department, I think.
That all depends.
Perhaps.
No comment, I'm afraid.
Maybe.
It's difficult to say ...
I'm sorry I can't answer ...
I'm afraid you'd have to ask someone else.
I'd rather not say anything about ...
I'd prefer not to say anything about ...
I'd have to think about ...
I suppose it depends on your point of view.
Do you think so?

Formal
It's difficult to give an opinion right at the moment.
I'm not in a position to say anything about ...
I'm afraid I can't comment on ...
I don't have anything to say on ...


39. Inviting someone
Less Formal
Would you like to ...?
Won't you ...?
Why don't you ...?
What about ...?
Shall we ...?
Do ...?
Come and ...
Please, do ...?

Formal
Would you care to ...?
We should be very pleased if you could ...
We should be delighted if you were able to ...
Perhaps you'd care to ...?


40. Accepting an invitation
Informal
I won't say no.
Great!
0. K.

Less Formal
Yes, I will.
That sounds a very nice idea.
Thank you. I'd like to ...
It would be very nice to ...
I'd love to ...
I'd like nothing better.
I would, very much. Thank you.
All right then.

Formal
With the greatest of pleasure.
What a splendid idea! Thank you!
We'd very much like to ...
We'd be delighted to ...
That's really most kind of you.
That would give us great pleasure.

No comments: