Saturday, January 5, 2013

< Conv > Interaksi Sosial (12)

45. Showing your interest
Informal
I'm a ... fan.
... is what grabs me/turns me on.

Less Formal
Nothing interests me less than ...
It has always interested me.
It doesn't concern me a great deal.
I'm quite fascinated by ...
I'm interested in ...
I have a passion for ...
I find it very interesting.
I find it extremely interesting.
I don't find it so interesting.
I'm very keen on ...
I find it fascinating.
... intrigues me a great deal.

Formal
My main interest is ...
It interests me a great deal.
I have some interest in ...
My particular interest is ...


46. Saying you are not interested
Informal
That isn't my cup of tea, I think.
I'm afraid it leaves me cold.
... isn't for me.

Less Formal
It isn't all that interesting as far as I'm concerned.
I'm not very interested in ...
I find ... rather uninteresting/boring.
I don't find it very interesting ...
Actually, I don't have any interest in...


47. Giving reasons
Informal
Well, the thing is, ...
Let me explain. You see, ...
It's like this, you see, ...
He's dead right: ...

Less Formal
Well, you see, ...
Well, because ...
Well, ... so as to ...
The simple reason was that ...
The reason was that ...
The basic reason is that ...
If I could explain, ...
He's got a point. You see, ...
But the point is, ...
But surely, ...
... so that ...

Formal
I think there's a good case for ...
I think it is right for the following reasons:


48. Promising
Informal
Sure I'll do it.
OK.! I'll ...
Fine! I'll ...

Less Formal
I'll...
I won't let you down. I'll ...
Exactly!
No problem! I'll ...
Don't worry, please. I'll ...

Formal
You may rely on me. I'll ...
I do promise ...
Agreed! I'll ...

No comments: