Saturday, January 5, 2013

< Conv > Interaksi Sosial (14)

53. Warning
Informal
Watch out!
Watch out for ...
Mind you don't ...
Mind out!
Mind ...
Look out!

Less Formal
Whatever you do, ...
Make sure you don't ...
Be ready for ...
Be careful of ...
Be careful ...

Formal
I would be extremely careful of ..., if I were you.


54. Asking about preference
Less Formal
Would you rather...?
Would you rather ..... or .....?
Which would you prefer?
Which would you prefer: ... or ...
Which seems better to you?
What's your favorite .....?
We could ... or ..... I leave it to you to decide.
The choice is yours, ......or .....?
Do you prefer ..... or ......?
Do you like ... better?

Formal
Which appeals more? ..... or ...?
Do you find ... or ... more enjoyable?


55. Saying what you prefer
Informal
Oh no, give me ... every time.

Less Formal
If it was up to me, I'd ...
I'd rather ... any time.
I'd rather ...
I'd prefer ...
I would usually choose ...
I prefer ...
I like ... more than ...
I find it more enjoyable than...
I enjoy ... better than ...

Formal
My preference would be ...
My choice would always be ...
I usually find ... much more satisfactory.
I have a strong preference for ...


56. Asking about liking
Informal
It is nice, isn't it?
Isn't it fantastic to ...?
Don't you love ...?
Do you go for ...?
Are you keen on ...?

Less Formal
What are your feelings about ...?
Don't you like ...?
Don't you find it very exciting?
Do you like ...?
Do you enjoy ...?

Formal
May I ask if you are fond of ...?
Do you find it enjoyable?

No comments: