Saturday, January 5, 2013

< Conv > Interaksi Sosial (5)

17. Agreeing
Informal
Well, that's the thing.
Too true.
I'm with you there.
Dead right.

Less Formal
Yes, I agree ...
That's what I was thinking.
That's true.
That's quite right.
Oh, exactly ...
I can't help thinking the same.
I absolutely agree ...
How true.

Formal
True enough ...
My own opinion is exactly the same.
I'm of exactly the same opinion.
I don't think anyone would disagree
I agree entirely.
I agree absolutely with ...


18. Disagreeing
Informal
You must be joking!
You can't mean that!
You can't be serious!
No way!
Never!
I don't see why.
I disagree, I'm afraid.

Less Formal
That's wrong...
That's not the way I see ...
Surely not! ...
Not really.
No, I don't think ...
I'm not sure, in fact.
I don't think that's right.
I don't know about ...
I don't agree.
I can't help thinking ...
I can't go along with ...
I can't agree ...
Do you really think ...?
But isn't it more to do with ...?
But isn't it more a question of ...?

Formal
Personally, I am more inclined to agree with ...
My own opinion is that ...
I'm not entirely convinced by ...
I'm not at all convinced ...
I'm afraid I entirely disagree with ...
I see things rather differently.
I can't say that I share your view ...
I can't accept ...


19. Saying you partly agree
Informal
Could be, but ...
0. K., but ...

Less Formal
Yes, up to a point, but ...
Yes, perhaps, but ...
Yes, but we shouldn't forget ...
Yes, but on the other hand, ...
Yes, but don't you think ...?
To a certain extent, yes, but ...
That's all very well, but ...
That may be so, but ...
In spite of what you say, I think ...
I take your point, but ...
I see your point, but ...
I see what you mean, but ...
I don't entirely agree with .....
I can see that, but ...

Formal
Well, while I agree with you on the whole, ...
There's some truth in what you say. However, ...
I agree with much of what you say, but ...
I agree in principle, but ...


20. Saying you are wrong and someone else is right
Informal
Yes, now I come to think about it, ...
Yes, I hadn't thought of ...
Yes, I don't know what I was thinking of.
Sorry, I got it all wrong.
0. K., you win.

Less Formal
You may be right ...
Yes, sorry. You're quite right.
Yes, perhaps I'm wrong there ...
Yes, of course.
Yes, I must admit you are right.
Perhaps you have a point there.
Of course.

Formal
Yes, I'm afraid I didn't take that into account.
Yes, I take your point completely.
Yes, I must have overlooked ...
My mistake ...

No comments: