Saturday, January 5, 2013

< Conv > Interaksi Sosial (7)

25. Saying you are able to do something
Informal
Yes, no problem.
Yes, it's as easy as pie!
Yes, it's a cinch!
Sure.
I'm pretty good at ...
I'm not too bad at ...

Less Formal
I might be able to ...
I know something about ...
I know how to ...
I know ...
I feel able to ...
I can ...
It's not too difficult ...

Formal
I have experience of ...
I feel capable of ...


26. Saying you are not able to do something
Informal
There's no way I can ...
I'm no good at ...
I'm hopeless.
I wouldn't know where to begin ...
I haven't the faintest idea how ...
You must be joking.
Sorry, out of the question.
Pull the other one.
Not likely.
No way.

Less Formal
No, I don't know how ...
I've no idea how ...
I'm afraid I can't cope with ...
I don't know anything about ...
I don't feel capable of ...
I don't feel able to ...
I can't ...

Formal
I have no experience.
Sorry, I can't manage ...
I'm not sure I'm capable of ...
I'm not sure I know how to ...
I'm afraid it might be beyond me.


27. Refusing to do something
Informal
I don't plan to ...
I don't reckon I'll ...
I've decided not to ...
I'm not planning ...
I'm not going to ...

Less Formal
I've decided not to...
It never entered my head ...
I'm sorry, I'm not ...
I'm sorry, it's not possible, ...?
I'm sorry, I don't think I can ...
I'm sorry, I can't.
I'm not planning to ...
I'm not thinking of ...
I'm going to make sure ...
I'm not going to ...
I'm afraid not.
I'm afraid I can't.
I'll make an effort to ...
I'll do all I can ...
I'd rather not.
I will not ...
I won't be ...
I'm not thinking of ...

Formal
Unfortunately ...
Nothing will induce me to ...
Nothing could be farther from my mind than ...
My intention is to ...
It is my intention to ...
I'm sorry to say it's not possible.
I regret to say ...
I plan to ...
I have no intention of ...
I fully intend ...
I don't intend to ...


28. Offering something
Informal
What's yours?
Could I offer you ...?

Less Formal
Would you like ...?
Won't you have ...?
Will you have ...?
What would you say to ...?
What will you have?
What can I get you?
Please, help yourself to ...

Formal
Would you care for ...?
Do have ...
Allow me to pass you ...
Can I offer you ...?

No comments: