Saturday, January 5, 2013

< Conv > Interaksi Sosial (8)

29. Offering to do something for someone
Informal
Want a hand ...?
Need some help, ...?
Can I help out?

Less Formal
What can I do to help ...?
Shall I ...?
Let me ...
I'll do it for you.
I'll ....
Can I help?

Formal
Would you like any help ...?
May I be of assistance?
Is there anything I can do ...?


30. Accepting an offer of something
Informal
Lovely!
I'd love ...!

Less Formal
That'd be delightful.
That would be very nice.
Thanks very much/a lot.
Thank you.
Yes, please.
Thank you, I would.
Thank you, I will.
I'd like ... very much, (please).
I can think of nothing nicer/better.

Formal
With the greatest of pleasure.
With pleasure.


31. Declining an offer of something
Less Formal
That's very kind, but I won't, thank you.
Thanks all the same, but I won't/couldn't.
Not this time, thanks.
Not for me, thanks.
Not for me, thank you.
No, thanks, really.
No, thank you.
No, thank you very much.
No, I really won't, thank you.
I'm not sure I can.
I won't, thanks.

Formal
If it's all the same to you, I won't.


32. Accepting an offer of help
Informal
Lovely!
Just what I needed ...!

Less Formal
That's very kind of you.
Thanks very much!
Thank you.
Oh, yes, please.

Formal
You are most kind.
That's extremely good of you ...
If you're sure it's no trouble ...
I'd be delighted if ...

No comments: